Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If you want to buy a second home and rent out your first home, there are a few things to know before making the purchase.
- Consider how a second home fits in with your other financial priorities, and whether you'll be able to cover the extra expenses easily.
- Also, understand the tax implications of a second home, including things like property taxes and capital gains taxes in the future.
- Buying another home that's within your budget will be a big help, too — you'll want to make sure you can afford both mortgages, if needed, and still meet your goals.
- Sign up for Personal Finance Insider's email newsletter here »